Protein Carrot Cake Cheesecake Recipe
Jun 10, 2021
This is one of my most favorite recipes I've created! I had been craving cheesecake for weeks after seeing it at a lovely cafe, so I decided to re-make it, but make it high-protein to still reach my goals (#cheesecakegains 💪🏼). I also put a little spin on it and layered it with a carrot cake. Sorry for teasing you for so long on Instagram, but here it finally is!
Protein Carrot Cake Layer Ingredients:
⅓ cup coconut flour
⅔ cup whey protein powder (vanilla flavor works well here, but plain is also okay)
⅔ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ginger
⅛ tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup mashed banana
⅓ cup water
3 tbsp grass-fed greek yogurt, room temp.
1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
3 medium shredded carrots
The 4 Fat Loss Mistakes You're Probably Making
Eating healthy and doing all the "right" things, but still frustrated you're not seeing results? Click here to download this FREE guide with the most common mistakes I see people making on their fat loss journey.
Protein Cheesecake Layer Ingredients:
8 oz. grass-fed cream cheese, room temp.
½ cup grass-fed greek yogurt, room temp.
2 tbsp water
⅓ cup protein powder (vanilla flavor works well here, but plain is also okay)
1 egg, room temp.
- Preheat the oven to 350º and line the bottom of a springform pan or glass pan with parchment paper.
Start with the carrot cake layer:
- Combine coconut flour, protein powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and baking powder.
- Whisk the banana, water, greek yogurt, maple syrup, and egg together.
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix and gently mix, just enough to combine the two.
- Add in the grated carrots and gently mix again.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
And then, the cheesecake layer:
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the greek yogurt, water, and beat.
- Add in protein powder and beat again.
- Add in egg, beat. Be sure not to overmix.
- Once the carrot cake is baked, pour the cheesecake filling on top and bake for another 30 minutes. It should feel soft to the touch at the center.
- Turn off the oven, but leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door open to cool for about an hour.
Top with some greek yogurt, and enjoy!
Let me know if you have any questions or how you enjoyed this recipe. Also, tag me on Instagram if you make this recipe, I love to see your recreations!
Hope this was helpful!